Goodbye Rahul "The Wall" Dravid - A Selfless Team Man.....

It's an end to a glorious ODI career of Rahul Dravid. A selfless team man, who always played for the team no matter what, adjusted according to the conditions, was ready to wear the keeping gloves as & when wanted & in his last series as well when no one was able to play the bouncing ball, with all diginity he accepted the call up in the ODI team, although left out for the World Cup, & played with the same concentration, same patience & his same impeccable defense for which he his known for - Mr. Dependable.

I had been a great a fan of Rahul Dravid, because he played when it mattered the most. In Test cricket, there's no doubt I will rate him much higher. But even in Test cricket, no matter the critics would say he was slow to start & all those nonsense, but to me he played some wonderful innings in ODI cricket which saw him score more than 10,000 runs, which is no doubt an awsome feat to achieve.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in person & even played a over with him in an exhibition match for Bank of Baroda, when he was  the captain of Indian Team. It was a momentus day for me. I played in his team for Bank of Baroda & while batting I had the pleasure of batting with him, although I played the entire over & didn't gave him a single ball to play, & myself hit a few boundaries. Even in that exhibition match he was so supportive whenever I hit a boundary he came to me show his appreciation & always patted on my back. A wonderful player..


 Here's a look at the wonderful ODI record of Rahul Dravid:

ODI records

Matches: 344
Innings: 318
Runs: 10889
HS: 153
Avg: 39.16
SR: 71.24
50/100: 83/12

 Wish him all the success in his life & hope he continues to score runs for India in Test cricket & win matches.

Hope to see him in Cricket Administration as well...like Anil Kumble..

Thank you Jammy...